1. Pray with a sincere/open heart
“When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corner to be seen by men.” Matthew 6:5
2. Pray Privately
“But when you pray go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” Matthew 6:6
3. Pray Honestly/Naturally
“Don’t recite the same prayer over and over as the heathens do, who think prayers are answered only by repeating them again and again. Remember, your Father knows exactly what you need before you ask Him!” Matthew 6:7-8
1. Praise. I begin by expressing my Love to God.
2. Purpose: I commit myself to God’s purpose or will for my life.
3. Provision: I ask God to provide for my needs.
4. Pardon: I ask God to forgive my sins.
5. People: I pray with other people in mind.
6. Protection: I ask for spiritual protection from God.
MINISTRY EMPOWERED BY PRAYER
Ministry is any act or service that is led by God, empowered by God and done for the glory of God.
Every believer is a Minister.
Each ministry is important.
We need one another to succeed.
We try to place people in their ministries on the basis of their spiritual gifts not just to fill empty positions.
S – Spiritual Gifts
H – Heart (Passions)
A – Abilities
P – Personality
E – Experiences