WHO WE ARE
Sunday Morning Worship Schedule
8:10 AM – Traditional Worship Service
9:20 AM – Life Groups
10:30 AM – Contemporary/Blended Worship Service
I hope this website will help you know more about us. You’ll find us to be a friendly, caring family of Christians. If you are looking for a church where you can serve and be served, consider becoming a part of the Eastmont family. If you need help with life, we’ve found Jesus Christ will give direction, hope and forgiveness to anyone who asks. Let us share with you about Him. If you are “just visiting,” we are glad you are here. We never grow tired of saying “Welcome.” (click the title to expand each section below for more information.)
There are several styles of worship in Montgomery churches. They range from highly emotional and expressive to formal and rigid. None are necessarily right or wrong, just preferred styles of worship. At Eastmont we try to find a balance. We worship in an orderly fashion, but are relaxed enough to praise God with enthusiasm. You will enjoy contemporary and traditional music, a practical Bible message, and a friendly atmosphere for worship. At times there will be laughter, applause, praise, and joy.
Every Christian needs to worship regularly. Worship connects you to God, encourages other Christians, and brings peace and purpose to life.
Worship @ 8:10 a.m. is a traditional blend of music with hymns and choruses.
Worship @ 10:30 a.m. is a modern/contemporary blend of music including choir and orchestra.
In the Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.’” Matthew 28:19 – 20
Church exists to accomplish these five goals:
Ministry – To demonstrate God’s Love
Evangelism – To communicate God’s Word
Fellowship – To unite God’s People to a church
- They have believed and received Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. (John 1:12)
- They have announced their belief through believers’ baptism by immersion.
All our members have been baptized by immersion because that is what the Bible teaches. Our baptism is different from infant baptism or confirmation baptism. We practice believers’ baptism. This means that first you believe, then you are baptized. We do this because that was always the order in the New Testament. First they believed and then they were baptized. If you have experienced infant baptism or baptism by sprinkling in another church, we are not critical of that experience. However, we desire that all our members experience baptism by immersion after they have believed. If you have already been baptized by immersion at another church, we accept that. If not, we welcome you to reaffirm your faith by being baptized at Eastmont. This is not intended to question your salvation, but to remain true to what we believe the Bible teaches.
Though every true believer should be baptized, such an act will not in itself save anyone. Salvation is an unmerited gift of grace from God. Our works cannot erase our sin. Any human effort to remove sin, even though something as important as baptism, would become a work-based salvation. The scripture is clear on this. “By grace are you saved through faith, not of works, or we would boast.” Ephesians 2:8
At Eastmont we employ a congregational style of government. That means final human authority resides in the congregation, not in a board, committee, or pastor. We honor, respect, and support the God appointed leaders of the church such as the pastors or deacons. Our deacons are elected by the church congregation and serve as both ministers and administrators. Though not required, we have found that God’s will for this church is usually best identified by seeking the counsel and approval of our deacon leadership. Jesus said, “I will build my church.” Eastmont belongs to Christ and is built by Him.
need to join a local church.
1. Biblical Reason: Christ is committed to the church. “…Christ loved the church, and He gave His life for it.” Ephesians 5:25 We should love what Christ loved.
2. Maturity Reason: While you can be a Christian without the church, we have found you will not be a strong or mature one. The best environment for Christian maturity is found in the church.
3. Support Reason: We try to minister and care for our membership. We pray for them, visit them, encourage them, and comfort them. Membership identifies our family and helps us care for you better.
4. Ministry Reason: Every team has a roster. It shows who can be counted on to help serve. We have found that members are more involved in service/ministry more often than non-members. That pleases God, helps others, and grows spiritual strength. Simply put, members are usually better
servants. Every member has a ministry at Eastmont.
5. Personal Reason: Spiritual stability occurs in the church. “Lone Ranger Christians” are often unstable and undependable. Christians need a church family to remain strong and grow. The happiest and healthiest Christians are those involved in a local church.
At one of our Sunday Worship Services, during the final hymn, just walk to the front and tell the minister you wish to join. The minister will assist you, answer any questions, and relay your decision to the congregation. If you meet the two criteria below, we welcome you as a member.
You can attend our Membership Discovery Class (also known as Eastmont 101 Class) and join at that time. This class meets about every three months on Sunday mornings or evenings. It is normally taught by our Pastor, it explains our purpose, beliefs, and methods.
Any minister will be glad to answer your questions about joining.
You are welcome as a member if:
1. You have received Jesus Christ by faith as your personal Lord and Savior.
2. You have been baptized as a believer by immersion (or soon will be).